Become a Driving Instructor
Should you choose to be a driving instructor as a career?
As the population increases and the need to drive becomes a more prominent issue, the demand for good driving instructors increases.
So do you think that it could be right for you?
Well, the first thing to remember is that it is hard work, and you will need to have a passion for it, but it’s also a very big business and can make you a lot of money. As you’ll be self-employed, even if you work for a company, the hours will be flexible – fitting around your life (of course, the more you put in, the more you’ll get out).
Does this sound like something you’d enjoy? Then start your career today .
How to become a driving instructor in B.C.
Are you ready to start your career as a driving instructor? Then look no further. This page contains all the information you need to know to get you started:
You will need to be licensed by the ICBC to teach people to drive, which means that you need to pass a training course. To begin with this you must fit in with the following criteria:
- You need to be at least 19-years-old.
- You have to own a valid drivers licence.
- You must have the relevant driving experience.
- You cannot have obtained more than 10 points on your driving record within the last 2 years.
- You also mustn’t have any affliction with, or debts owing to, the ICBC.
If you qualify, you can then request an application package, which will confirm that you’re suitable for the role. Which takes you on to the Instructor Training Course, which must be completed at an authorized facility.
Once you have passed all of this, and become qualified, it’s time to send off for your licence! To do this, you will need to mail your course completion certificate and your $30 fee to: ICBC Driver Training Industry Support, PO Box 3750, Victoria BC V8W 3Y5. Once you have your licence, you can begin your career as a driving instructor.
You can Contact ICBC Here for complete details.
Your career options
After you receive your driving instructor license, you have main two options to choose from:
Work for A Company
There are many driving schools that you could choose to work for, where you’ll earn an average of $20 per hour – getting paid for each hour that you work.
- You won’t have to worry about the business side of things, or the marketing. You simply show up and do the work.
A lot of companies will even provide the instructor car for you.
- Less freedom. You will have to follow company’s rules and work a set of hours, depending on their requirements.
- The average pay is less.
Work for yourself – Self-Employed
You can also select to become your own boss, which has its own pros and cons:
- You are your own boss – you are in charge of your own business.
- You can set your own rates of pay, meaning that you can earn more than the industry average.
- You can enjoy the freedom of decide when to work.
- You have to work hard to build your own reputation – it’s hard to get yourself known among the competition.
- You are responsible for marketing and all expenses.
Be partner with us work as a team
Super Simple Learning is offering you a third option – one that uses the advantages from both of the other options. You can become a partner in our business.
- You will have the same advantages – like working with well-known brand name, while still getting the freedom of working for yourself.
- You will be trained by our experts.
- You will have territory area and our support at all times.
- You will keep what you earn.
So why not join us today and start growing your own business?